TIPS FOR RESPONDING TO PANHANDLERS
- Politely say “No” or “Sorry.”
- Help homeless people who are working to get ahead by purchasing a REAL CHANGE newspaper. For more information, visit www.realchangenews.org
- Instead of giving spare change, ask a Downtown MID Ambassador dressed in yellow and blue to refer the panhandler to food and other resources.
- Aggressive panhandling is illegal. If you feel threatened, call 911.
- If you’d like to help people in need, donate to any of these organizations.